Charred Cream Corn
Charred corn is a summer favorite. This updated version has a nice smokiness with a pop of heat.
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 large poblano pepper (about 5 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup shredded manchago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a large skillet about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Grill corn on a preheated grill over high heat. Rotate corn every 4-5 minutes until slightly charred all over. Remove from heat. When corn is cool enough to handle slice corn kernels away from the cob into a bowl.
- Roast the poblano on the grill while cooking the corn. The poblano should be completely black and charred all over before removing. Let cool and scrape off charred peel. Remove seed core and discard. Finely dice the pepper and add to the corn.
- Add corn, poblano, garlic, cream, cheese and salt to the skillet with the bacon. Cook over medium high heat until warmed through about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
Copyright 2016 Nutrition Studio, Inc.