Cabbage is the perfect side to BBQ however, it doesn't have to be served up as coleslaw. Try this savory grilled cabbage recipe and mix it up a bit at your next cook out.
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon barbecue seasoning dry rub
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat one side of your grill to high.
- Slice cabbage into 1-inch thick rounds. Cut out the triangular shaped core carefully and discard.
- Gently rinse slices and lay on a paper towel to drain off excess water.
- Place slices onto a large sheet pan. Brush front and backsides of the cabbage with olive oil and dust with barbeque seasoning dry rub on each side.
- Brush grill grate with additional oil just prior to cooking the cabbage. Place as many cabbage slices as will fit onto your grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until you have grill marks on the cabbage.
- Using a large spatula carefully remove grilled cabbage to a large aluminum roasting pan that will fit on the indirect heating side of your grill. Close the lid of the grill and let cook about 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. If your grill does not have a separate indirect grilling side, turn off the grill and place the pan on the grate and close the lid.
- Serve warm with a pat of butter.