Looking for a new hot breakfast that’s not to heavy but satisfying…try my Raspberry Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl. With less than 10 ingredients you’ll be eating in no time.
Raspberry Coconut Quinoa
1/2 cup red quinoa
1/2 cup white quinoa
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1 tablespoon shredded ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
6 ounces raspberries
2 tablespoons fresh mint
1. Combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of mixed quinoa in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover saucepan with lid and cook quinoa for 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
3. While quinoa is cooking, toast sweetened coconut in a small non-stick saucepan for 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat stirring occasionally until golden brown in color.
4. Combine coconut milk, brown sugar, and salt in small bowl.
5. Pour over cooked quinoa.
6. Fold in raspberries.
7. Garnish with toasted coconut and mint.
Cooks Note: Substitute any color of quinoa.
Nutrition Facts for one serving (1 cup): 280 calories, 6 g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein