How many times have you’ve searched through the chaos of the plastic food tub drawer to save that one serving of deliciousness from your last meal? Your drawer might not be that bad, but it is a daily struggle for the majority of us to be able to find anything in that drawer. Here are some tips and tricks to help your drawer be neat, clean, and easily accessible:
- Take everything out of the drawer, that’s right, everything and then fit each piece to its rightful lid owner. If a piece or lid is not matched up, toss it into the trash and move on.
- Once everything is matched, it will be up to you if you want to organize by keeping them together, stacked inside one another with corresponding lids, or even stacking the lids to the side of the drawer.
- It is wise to keep a separate pile of containers that can go to friends or family to take something home. This will be tubs you are ok with not getting back.
- After this, it is up to you to maintain this drawer on a daily basis. Think about how much easier you can make it if you put the proper piece in its place right after unloading the dishwasher.
- You can even take this one step further and go crazy on Pinterest. You can trick out your food saving tub drawer with pegs, extra shelves, and even panels for the lids on the side of the door.
Use these simple to tips to make this one drawer not so frustrating or time consuming when you are just looking for a simple little container to store your food.